Thank you for your interest in material from the New Museum Digital Archive. Digital material held by the New Museum Digital Archive may not be reproduced without specific permission from the New Museum. Utilize this form to specify the intended use for each item. Each request is reviewed on a case-by-case basis and fees may apply depending on your needs. Please note that submission of this form does not guarantee fulfillment of your request. Some material on the Digital Archive may not be available in high-quality formats. Please note that copyright for reproduction of digital material may also be retained by the artist or other parties. The requester is responsible for seeking out all permissions in advance of publication. New Museum is able to grant permission for reproduction of images for one-time, non-exclusive use only.
For questions regarding the New Museum Digital Archive, please contact email@example.com
For press inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow this link to reference the New Museum Digital Archive: http://archive.newmuseum.org/index.php
Digital Object Information
Please provide descriptive information about the digital objects you are requesting, including your preferred format for each object requested. This information is provided on the New Museum Digital Archive: http://archive.newmuseum.org. To request more than ten objects from the Digital Archive, please email email@example.com
Obtain Identifier #s at the New Museum Digital Archive Web site.
Please tell us as much information about your project as possible. Missing information may cause delays.
By submitting this form the requester agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- One gratis copy of the finished work must be sent to the New Museum at the time of completion:
- Send analog copies to: Tara Hart, Digital Archivist, 235 Bowery, New York, NY 10002
- Send digital copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full documentation credit, as supplied by New Museum, must appear in immediate proximity to the reproduction, or in the section devoted to credits. Abbreviations are not permitted. Whenever possible, the photographer’s name, artist name, date, and exhibition information must be included in the credit line.
- New Museum digital material shall not be used to show or imply New Museum’s endorsement of any commercial product or enterprise, or to indicate that the New Museum concurs with the opinions expressed in any text that accompanies the material or confirms the accuracy of it.
- In providing access to digital object(s), the New Museum does not surrender or otherwise limit its own right to publish or to grant others access to the digital object(s).
- It is the responsibility of the requester to determine and obtain any additional permission requirements from individuals, organizations, or other legal entities, and to pay any and all fees required for the reproduction of copyrighted materials.
- The New Museum assumes no responsibility for resolving questions concerning copyright. In requesting digital materials from the New Museum Digital Archive, the requester assumes all responsibility for any copyright infringement under USC Title 17 that may arise through the use of the requested image(s) and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the New Museum and its agents against all claims, demands, costs, and expenses, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, incurred as a result of alleged or actual copyright infringement or other legal or regulatory cause of action arising from the use of materials held by the New Museum.
- Permission is granted for one-time, non-exclusive use only. Any subsequent use of the image(s) provided by the New Museum must be requested in writing. Additional fees may apply. The digital object(s) may not be loaned, sold, or given to any other agency, person, or organization.