purpose of the Professional Development Grant is to assist coaches their continuing professional developmental opportunities.
- The minimum certification
required is NCCP Level 1: Fundamentals Coach Certified or equivalent.
- Be a coach member in good
standing with Swim Alberta (the Alberta Coaches Council), Canadian Swimming Coaches and
Teachers Associations and Swimming Canada.
- Currently coaching with a Swim Alberta registered club.
are reviewed and assessed based on their individual merit and the objectives of Swim
- Priority will be
given to projects that are innovative and creative, plus indicate initiative
and self-help on the part of the applicant.
- There will be a maximum of three $2,500 bursaries per year, applications may be submitted at any time.
- NCCP training is not eligible.
following process will be followed so Swim Alberta can deal with
applications in a fair, equitable and efficient manner.
applications must be completed online and can be done at any time.
- Swim Alberta will review all applications.
- Decisions on
applications will be communicated directly to the coach and copied to the club president.
- Cover Letter - A cover letter presenting a clear and complete description of the
- A letter of support from the club president supporting the coaches development and detailing the financial support provided from the swim club.
- Budget - Budgets need to include the total amount of the project with a breakdown
of the costs in category area dependent upon the nature of the project. ie:
airfare, accommodation, meals, mileage, etc. Budgets should also include a list of other
revenue sources whether they are from the individual, club, or other funding
Commitment to the Program
successful applicant shall submit a report to Swim Alberta within two weeks of
the completion date of the project. This
report should include:
- A description of
the outcome of the project.
- An evaluation of
the success of the project in relation to its objectives.
- The successful applicant may be requested to present at the Swim Alberta Conference or other coach information session.
A complete set of financial statements of all income and expenses associated with the project must be submitted within 30 days of the completion of the project.
of financial expenditures may also be requested.
funding not utilized for the particular project stated on the application shall
be returned to Swim Alberta within 60 days of the completion to date of the
condition of funding is the coaches club must be a participant
in the provincial program and have a representative from their club
attend the Swim Alberta Conference on an annual basis.
visit – www.swimalberta.ca