Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a tutor with Action Tutoring. To help us assess your suitability please complete fully the form below.
Please note the following before applying:
- The minimum commitment is an hour a week (not including preparation time) across the course of a term. Only submit an application if you are confident that you will be able to make this commitment.
- We generally require our tutors to either be educated
to degree level, or to be studying for a degree, and to have a B
grade (or above) at A Level (or equivalent) in the subject they
wish to tutor. English or maths-related A Level subjects are also
considered, such as: history, politics or sociology (for English tutors) and
physics, chemistry and economics (for maths tutors).
- Successful applicants are required to undertake full training provided by Action Tutoring. You will not be able to tutor until you have completed this training.
Tutoring supports young people facing socio-economic disadvantage, who are
often experiencing challenging situations outside of the classroom. We are looking for
tutors who will remain empathetic and understanding to this group and support
them to build their confidence and academic abilities.
- All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS criminal record check. Our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders can be found here. Action Tutoring complies fully with the relevant Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly.
- Our programmes run over the course of the school terms. We do not work in schools during the summer holidays. Generally they take place early morning (8am), mid-morning (10am) or mid-afternoon (3pm). We only have Saturday sessions in London.