In consideration of this opportunity to volunteer, I agree to the following terms and conditions, intending to be legally bound by them:
1. I agree to act in Alley Cat Allies’ best interests.
2. I understand that I may have access to confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information (collectively referred to as “confidential information”) about Alley Cat Allies as well as the constituents Alley Cat Allies serves.
3. Confidential information includes, but is not limited to: Alley Cat Allies’ donors, supporters, and employees; constituents Alley Cat Allies serves; Alley Cat Allies strategic plans and other business plans; and financial information.
4. All confidential information is the property of Alley Cat Allies.
5. I agree not to disclose any confidential information to anyone outside of Alley Cat Allies or to remove or make copies of confidential information for my own use or for the use of others, unless I have received prior authorization from Alley Cat Allies.
6. I understand these obligations of confidentiality shall continue indefinitely.
7. I shall return from my possession all documents, papers, and other materials, regardless of medium, that may contain or be derived from confidential, proprietary, or privileged information.
8. In the event that I breach this confidentiality agreement, I understand that I am responsible for economic damages and extra expenses Alley Cat Allies incurs as a result of my breach, as well as for Alley Cat Allies’ legal costs in pursuing legal action against me to recover those damages and expenses.