1. Criteria for Membership
- Scholastic achievement, effort and determination
- Extra-curricular and/or community involvement, demonstrating leadership abilities
- Critical thinking skills
2. Applicant should be a ninth or tenth grader enrolled in Utica Community Schools.
3. The following application must be completed no later than 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, September 12, 2019.
4. A teacher, counselor or school administrator must complete an electronic letter of reference. Instructions and a link to the form are provided in this application.
5. Applicant will need to attach a copy of their report card from the 2018-2019 school year. Details are provided in this application.
6. Fill out the application completely. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
7. Students must have transportation to and from the meetings, which will be held at the Administrative Service Center located at 11303 Greendale, Sterling Heights, MI 48312 from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Students will be expected to attend all of the sessions.
3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 22, 2019
3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, December 3, 2019
6:00 - 9:00 p.m. February 2020 Academic Blitz at Henry Ford II High
3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 24, 2020
3:30 - 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 12, 2020
8. Direct any questions regarding this application process to Tim McAvoy at 586-797-1107 or