This is NOT the application for a service dog, therapy dog, or any other kind of working dog. If you are interested in applying for a working dog, please visit www.ecad1.org and click on Programs & Services to apply for a service dog.
This application is only for people looking to adopt a release dog as a family pet. There is a $1,500 to $2,500 adoption fee. This fee helps ECAD recover some of the expenses that have occurred regarding this dog. Please note that there may be a 2-month to 4-year wait. We can not take phone calls or reply to emails regarding your position on the waitlist. You will be contacted if a suitable dog becomes available for your family.
The applicant for a released dog must:
- Be at least 21 years old or live with parent/guardian.
- Be able to provide daily care of the dog, including but not limited to, feeding, exercising and veterinary care.
- Have a fenced or an electric fenced yard, or have access to a fenced in property.
- Be willing to attend ECAD's weekend dog handling training class (8 hour class over Sat. and Sun.).
- Be willing and able to pay the fee to ECAD.
- Understand that ECAD works mostly with Labs, Golden Retrievers, and Great Labs (Great Dane x Lab).