Details about the application:
Please have the following things ready (you can also save your progress and resume later):
- all your contact information
- college identification number
- a resume
- an essay of no more than 500 words on the following prompt: "Please detail your public service experience, public service interest, and the manner in which you would make use of the benefits of this Scholarship Program. Feel free to be flexible in the topic, with the goal of explaining why a PBHA Stride Scholarship would be important to you."
- A "Service Plan" proposal to outline service work you will do during summer 2020 and term-time of 2020-2021. Be descriptive for each bullet: include the hours per week for each activity and detail how it is meaningful and continuous with a community (geographic, population, or advocacy/issue area considered a "community").
- contact information for 1 reference - you are responsible for emailing a non-student who knows you well the following 3 questions, asking them to respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline:
"If selected, Priscilla Chan Stride Scholars receive funding to engage in year-round service, leadership training, one-on-one support, reflection sessions, and small group learning projects.
1. Please tell about this student's interest in and experience with community service and servant leadership.
2. What strengths will this student likely share in a cohort of his/her peers who are also engaged in service?
3. Describe potential areas of development where this student can stretch and grow and what type of support will benefit him or her most."
First Priority deadline is Friday, 5/8/2020. PBHA's Chan Stride will continue accepting applications on a rolling basis while space is available. The application is still open as of today.