Our Vision is to be the recognized authority in South Africa on explosion prevention technology
used in potentially hazardous locations.
Stakeholders are important to us and we shall strive to promote and encourage the interests in
terms of safety of the industry in the field of explosion prevention technology.
1. Drive safety and best practices in the Industry
2. Develop competencies and promote training
3. Influence the formulation and implementation of National & International Standards and
4. Improve and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships
5. Maintain Industry Leadership
1. Ensure responsible association governance
2. Attract and retain new skills within the association
3. Deliverables to members must be of quality standards
CODE OF CONDUCT
As members of the SOUTH AFRICAN FLAMEPROOF ASSOCIATION We Confirm our commitment to safety within the industry in the field of explosion prevention technology.
We will continually strive to:
1. Ensure that safety is considered as our first priority.
2. Remain updated regarding relevant standards.
3. Remain updated regarding relevant codes of practice.
4. Remain updated on all relevant laws and regulations.
5. Promote best practices.
6. Support all SAFA activities that promote safety.
7. Act maturely, responsible and professionally.
8. Ensure mutual respect between members.
9. Utilize established communication channels within SAFA.
10. Adhere to the SAFA constitution, goals and policies.
11. Never bring SAFA’s good name in disrepute