International students whose first language is not English must submit a score from an English proficiency test. We accept scores from TOEFL iBT, Academic IELTS, or the Duolingo English Test. Scores must be current (not older than two years).
- For undergraduate studies, the minimum scores are as follows:
- TOEFL iBT: 88 (minimum of 21 in each area, and 5 for Test of Written English)
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 across all bands (6.0 on Writing band)
- Duolingo English Test*: 110 (minimum 95 on Literacy)
- For graduate studies, the minimum scores are follows:
- TOEFL iBT: 100 (with 27 in Writing)
- Academic IELTS: 7.0 across all bands
- Duolingo English Test*: 125
*Duolingo English Test is not accepted if you are applying for a certificate or degree program.
Applicants who have completed a degree program at an English-speaking university or college in North America
may request an exception to this requirement.NOTE: Canadian applicants from Quebec who speak French as their first language may not need to submit proof of English proficiency.