Thank you for your enthusiasm and deciding to start this CDN Chapter. We can’t wait to work with you! Starting a CDN Chapter is a responsibility, and we are grateful that you are willing to put in the work to build a strong community for you and your fellow students with diabetes.
During the start a Chapter process, you should expect to spend between 4-10 hours a month on doing outreach and recruitment, contacting university administrators, and building community and relationships. Don’t stress – it’s a lot of fun and CDN is here to help you along the way!
To give you an idea of what the commitment looks like, this is what CDN expects of our Chapters:
- Commit 4-10 hours/month to bring CDN to your college/university, build leadership skills, and connect young adults affected by diabetes for peer support.
- Complete an update form telling us what you’ve been up to on your campus and in your community 2x/year.
- Complete a 10- to 15-minute check in call with CDN staff 2x/year.
- Lead or participate in two (2) Chapter meetings, activities, events, or fundraisers per semester.
- Work with CDN staff to set specific goals for how you will bring CDN to your community.
- Keep in touch with CDN staff on a regular basis, let us know how we can help you, and don’t be afraid to tell us what you’ve been struggling (or successful!) with.
- Provide CDN with at least one secondary contact for your Chapter, and update your Chapter roster each semester with contact information for Chapter members.
Our Chapter team can’t wait to help you get started. Talk to you soon!
Will and Mary Jane