This program is open to international physicians who meet the following criteria:
- Active in or interested in IR practice
- Within 10 years of completion of training
- Have not attended the SIR Annual Scientific meeting in three or more years
- Interested in or planning to develop IR educational, informational or collaborative programs
- Have adequate English language skills (to derive benefit out of attendance to the meeting)
Annual Scientific Meeting faculty or scientific program presenters are not eligible for this Scholarship.
Selected physicians for the SIR International Scholarship are invited to attend the 2019 SIR Annual Scientific Meeting
Saturday, March 23, 2019 through Thursday, March 28, 2019.
International physicians may apply for the SIR International Scholarship more than once, but may only be an International Scholarship award recipient once.
Applications Due: Friday, October 19, 2018
Questions? Contact Shaun Singletary (email@example.com).
Please provide the following materials to complete the application:
- International Scholarship Application Form (below)
- 300 word essay that explains the reasons why you want to apply for this scholarship and how the experience will benefit you and your patients. The essay should show how participation in this program will:
a. Help advance IR practice in your nation or advance the global practice of IR.
b. Develop patient care skills in IR
c. Initiate or expand research/educational programs.
d. Support the delivery of IR care nationally through participation or leadership in national IR society(ies), government or regulatory agencies.
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation:
a. From your professor, chairperson or supervising physician
b. From your National IR or Radiology Society
**if your country does not have a National IR or Radiology Society, please contact Shaun Singletary at firstname.lastname@example.org.