purpose of the Coach Certification Grant is to provide support to coaches engaged in achieving a higher level of certification.
- NCCP Level 1: Fundamentals Coach certified or equivalent.
- Be a coach member in good
standing with Swim Alberta (the Alberta Coaches Council), Canadian Swimming Coaches and
Teachers Associations and Swimming Canada.
- Currently coaching with a Swim Alberta registered club.
are reviewed and assessed based on their individual merit, the objectives of Swim
Alberta and the Alberta Coaches Council, the financial resources available and
the following parameters:
- Priority will be
given to higher levels of NCCP certification.
- Applications may be
submitted at any time.
- Coaches are eligible for the grant once every two years.
- Due to limited
funds and volume of applications, not all requests meeting the
established criteria will be approved.
- NCCP Multi-Sport
course fees are not eligible.
The below process will be followed so Swim Alberta can deal with
applications in a fair, equitable and efficient manner.
applications must be done online.
- NCCP Swimming
Course and/or evaluation fees may be supported to a maximum of fifty percent
(50%) not exceeding $750.
- Successful applications will be paid each quarter, after the date of the course and/or submission of the evaluation. (July 1, October 1, January 1, April 1)
- The following NCCP
Swimming certification levels are eligible for financial support.
- Level 2: Age
- Level 3: Senior
A letter from the club president, which outlines the clubs financial contribution to the coaching course and/or evaluation.
of financial expenditures may be requested and any funds not required must be returned to Swim Alberta.
visit – www.swimalberta.ca