NAMT commits to:
- Evolve and advance the musical theatre art form
- Create and connect a welcoming musical theatre community for all
- Inspire and excite the field to include the broadest possible range of voices
NAMT is committed to a musical theatre field that includes and embraces people of all backgrounds, identities and abilities. We strive every day to nurture a musical theatre canon that reflects and celebrates the rich diversity of our nation and the world.
Event Participation Guidelines
NAMT is committed to recognizing and celebrating the diversity of experiences, talents, skills, cultures and opinions that our members bring to our community, and specifically to our events. We invite you to participate in the Fall Conference and Festival of New Musicals in a spirit of open-mindedness, curiosity and respect.
We want every NAMT event to be a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all participants. In that spirit, we ask you to...
- Be inclusive, actively seeking and inviting diverse perspectives
- Listen to understand
- Participate in an active and direct way, with professionalism and respect for others
- Be considerate, kind, constructive and helpful in your language and actions
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and language
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other attendees
NAMT staff and Board may take action (up to and including expulsion with no refund and exclusion from future events) to redress disruptive, disrespectful or offensive behavior or any other actions deemed in conflict with the above guidelines.
Thank you to every NAMT community member for helping to make all of our events
informative, inclusive and respectful.