Thank you for your interest in auditioning for this year's More Music @ The Moore!
- Auditions will be held at The Vera Project on Seattle Center Campus January 13, 14, 15, 2020 from 4-8pm each day. You will be asked for your first and second choice for audition date as part of this form and then a time will be assigned for you.
- If you are selected for a call-back, they will be held on January 17, 2020, between 4-8pm. Please hold this time as well.
- Please see the schedule below for rehearsals that are mandatory for every individual (not just band) invited to be a part of the program. (Subject to change)
- Monday, February 3 Orientation 6:00-8:00pm
- Saturday, February 8 & Sunday, February 9 10:00am-4:30pm
- Sunday, February 23 & Sunday, March 1 10:00am-4:30pm
- Each day March 8-12, 2020 from 3:45-9:00 pm will be technical rehearsal. Every individual will need to be available all of these day as well
- Some rehearsal outside of the full group rehearsal will be needed. This will be up to participants to schedule on their own.
- The date of the performances is Friday, March 13, 2020
- There is an 11:00am matinee and 7:30pm evening performance.
- You will need to be available all day. We will have school and work excusal notes.
If you are unavailable for any of the dates above, please notify us at the time of audition.
Missing rehearsal is reason for excusal from the program.
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR THE AUDITION:
- Please prepare a 3 minute song or part of a song for you audition. Please try to keep it to 3 minutes. Having a second song prepared is always a good idea.
- We will have some instruments provided (weighted piano keyboard w/ sustain pedal, guitar amp, drum kit) an input for a phone/iPod, microphones and PA.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR AT THE AUDITION:
- ALL genres, cultures and styles of music are encouraged.
- We are looking for a mix of soloists, ensembles, and bands.
- This program is about performing and collaborating with a wide variety of styles and artists. So having a mix of world, cultural, popular, and more types of music is the goal.
- Original works are encouraged, but not required.
- A high level of musicianship, willingness to collaborate, technical ability, and creativity are key.
If you would like to see a list of Frequently Asked Questions, please click here
If you have not attended More Music @ The Moore, we encourage you to watch video from past shows. More info and clips can be found here
Go on to the next page to complete your Audition Registration!