Reimbursable Gold Key/Matchmaker Grant: Eligible small and medium-sized manufacturers and professional services providers can apply for a Gold Key/Matchmaker Grant to help them generate or increase export sales overseas. The grant serves companies that are new-or-infrequent exporters by subsidizing the cost of meeting with pre-screened and pre-qualified buyers, agents, importers, and representatives with an interest in their products or services.
Gold Key Services can be provided by the U.S. Commercial Service, while similar one-on-one business matchmakers can be conducted through select Enterprise Florida international offices or a pre-approved third-party such as an AmCham. Gold Key/Matchmaker Grants reimburse qualified companies for the entire Participation Fee for Enterprise Florida trade missions, or the full cost of a stand-alone Gold Key/Matchmaker service provided by the U.S. Commercial Service. Other options are available.
The following documents will be required file uploads during the online application process:
- Proof of company registration with Florida Division of Corporations from www.sunbiz.org.
- Current IRS W-9 Form.
- Confirmation of Gold Key/Matchmaker appointments.
- Proof of payment.
Please review the grant criteria below before
completing the online application.
- Applicant must be located in Florida and registered as an active company with the Florida Division of Corporations: http://www.sunbiz.org/.
- Must be in business for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Product(s) must be produced in the state of Florida. Services must be provided from a Florida location.
- Must have a commercial operation that consists of either an office, office/warehouse, or manufacturing facility.
- Product line or service must be considered viable in the target market as determined by the USCS or Enterprise Florida. Services providers must be in one of these approved target sectors.
- Must comply with SBA Size Standards (https://www.sba.gov/size-standards/) for a Gold Key Service provided through the U.S. Commercial Service (USCS) OR have less than 500 employees if matchmaker service is provided through another approved contractor.
- Applicant MUST be at least one of the following: (a) New to export (never exported); (b) New to the market, or (c) An infrequent exporter to this market (1-50 export shipments per year).
- Gold Key/Matchmaker Services must be provided by the U.S. Commercial Service; an Enterprise Florida International Office; AmCham, or an EFI-approved contractor for similar one-on-one business matchmaker services. When using the services of a local contractor, applicant must receive prior approval from Enterprise Florida before applying for a grant.
- Applicants may be awarded a total of three trade grants of any kind from July 1 to June 30, based on the dates of the events or completion date of the activity if not a trade event. Lifetime limitations: only one Export Marketing Plan per company and only two Website Localization grants per company, and not in the same fiscal year.
- Other restrictions and exceptions may apply at the discretion of Enterprise Florida.
Click here to download the complete Grant Criteria / Application & Reimbursement Process and Corporate Terms & Conditions.
Grant applications MUST be received and approved by Enterprise Florida BEFORE the trade event takes place.