Thank you for your interest in displaying your talents/educational materials at the Colorado State Capitol. The primary purpose of the State Capitol is the operation and business of state government, including housing the legislative chambers and legislative and executive offices. The secondary purpose of the building is to serve as a public place to be enjoyed on a daily basis by tourists and our state’s school children as they learn about Colorado’s government and its history. We appreciate your consideration of these purposes in the presentation of your display, and we reserve the right to deny a Permit Application for an exhibit that is inconsistent with these purposes.
Please note the following before submitting your Permit Application:
The Governor’s Office and/or State Patrol reserve the right to terminate any event or exhibit that is not in conformance with the Permit Application (and the conditions set forth therein) or that is not in compliance with State law or municipal code.
- All required information on the Permit Application must be completed prior to the Governor’s Office processing or approving any Permit Application.
- All applications are processed in order of receipt of a complete Permit Application. Please allow our office two weeks prior to the event for the application approval process.
- The Permit Application must be approved by the Governor’s Office prior to being added to the events calendar.
- Approval of a Permit Application is contingent upon space availability and the requested use being in compliance with all guidelines set forth in this Permit Application.
- Only one Permit Application per organization or individual will be approved in any one calendar year (max duration of one week).
The General Assembly is in session between January and May. Please ask about additional restrictions during this time. If you have any questions regarding this Permit Application please contact:
136 State Capitol
Denver, CO 80203