Banfield Foundation Pet Advocacy Grants fund programs that help pets and their families stay together. The Banfield Foundation funding priorities are focused on programs that provide a direct solution to avoid surrender or separation of companion pets from families.
Some of the program types we fund are:
- Basic veterinary care for financially-challenged companion pet owners and families.
- Programs that help the vulnerable population (homeless, seriously ill, homebound, disabled, domestic abuse victims, etc) care for or keep their pets.
- Education programs that directly relate to keeping companion pets and their people together.
- Behavior modification programs to correct inappropriate companion pet behaviors so that pets may remain in the home.
- Disaster preparedness focused on pets and pet owners.
- Special projects may be considered. Please contact us prior to submitting a request that does not meet the
The Banfield Foundation does not fund:
- Spay and neuter or adoption programs.
- General humane education programs.
- Behavior modification programs for pets awaiting adoption.
- Indirect operating expenses, deficit reduction, or general administrative overhead expenses. Unrelated salary expenses will not be considered.
- Fundraising campaigns, including special events.
- Grants to individuals, or to provide support for business enterprise.
- International programs.
- Programs that relate to or promote a specific political position.
- Construction costs for new buildings or remodeling proposals.
Please do not include the above items in your funding request. If you have a question about specific items to be considered for funding, please contact us by phone or email.
The Banfield Foundation prefers grant applications from small and medium sized nonprofits. However, if your operating budget is greater than $5,000,000, the project budget for which you are seeking funding must be less than $250,000.
To complete this application, you will need:
- Narrative addressing your organizational history; program goals, activities, reach and budget; and planned
- Program budget
- Organizational budget and financial statements
- Other funding sources for this program
- IRS 501(c)(3) determination letter
- Qualifications of key individuals
- List of Board of Directors
- Organizational chart
- Final reports from any previous grants from Banfield Foundation or Banfield Charitable Trust
Optional attachments may include:
- Whistleblower Policy and Conflict of Interest Policy
- Program or organizational promotional materials
- Recommendation from a Banfield associate
Please note that all attachments must total under 20 MB. We strongly encourage you to compress all files
using a free online resource such as smallpdf.com.