Authorization for Release of Information
Carefully read this authorization to allow the KC Degrees program and your college/university of enrollment to share information about you with one another.
As part of Kansas City Degrees (hereafter, KC Degrees) guidelines and as a result of the partnership between KC Degrees and the college/university at which I will be enrolled and as a condition of receiving services from KC Degrees to help support my college education, I understand that it may be necessary for KC Degrees and my institution of enrollment to share records about or release verbally information related to my financial aid award, academic progress, and participation in institution sponsored programs. This information includes but is not limited to: date of reporting, first name, middle initial, last name, current address: street, city, state, zip code, gender, date of birth, enrollment date as a KC Degrees student (following the submission date of the inquiry form in the Reconnect Tracker), degree type (credit-bearing certificate, associates, bachelors, or beyond), program of study, program type (traditional, accelerated, online, hybrid, etc.), number of credits attempted, number of credits earned, number of cumulative credits earned at college to date, student “stop-out” date, where relevant, student “stop-out” reason (withdrawal, medical, etc.), and transfer credits, where applicable. KC Degrees will notify the institution of enrollment that it has obtained this signed release from you. KC Degrees will provide the institution a copy of the signed waiver.
This signed release of information form will 1) ensure that you understand that information, and what information, may be shared and 2) that both KC Degrees and the institution has permission from you to share pertinent information related to your status in KC Degrees.
The 17 postsecondary campuses partnering with the KC Degrees program comply with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and FERPA’s implementing regulations. Subject to certain exceptions, the colleges/universities do not disclose a student’s educational records to others without the student’s written authorization.
I understand that my signature below indicates that:
1) I permit my college/university of enrollment to disclose my student records related to financial aid award, academic progress, and participation in institution sponsored programs and subject to the law and applicable policies.
2) This is a standing consent that covers from the date it is signed through the duration of my participation in the KC Degrees program.
3) This release extends to partners of the KC Degrees program that are providing college advisement and persistence and completion support and any scholarship or other financial aid assistance (e.g., College Advising Corps, Kansas State College Advising Corps, Missouri College Advising Corps, and KC Scholars).
4) KC Degrees may not request changes to the student record.
5) The following items are NOT covered by this release: letters of recommendation, disciplinary, behavioral, counseling services, health services, and accessibility services records.
Click submit to go to the next page where you will be asked to provide an electronic signature.