To be eligible for
this award, you must meet the following criteria:
- Completed either JA Company Program, JA Titan or Be Entrepreneurial within the last 5 years.
- Reside in Metro Vancouver or the Fraser Valley and provide your own transportation to the gala on May 24, 2017.
- Not been a recipient of this award previously.
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
You must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- 90 second video
- Transcript of your speech
- An updated resume
If selected as a winner, you are expected to commit to the following activities:
- Participate in all activities related to the 2017 Business Laureates of British Columbia Hall of Fame Gala Dinner & Induction Ceremonies to take place on May 24, 2017 in Vancouver.
- Deliver your speech to approximately 700 guests at at the gala dinner. Winners will receive coaching from a JA sponsor prior to the event.
- Provide a current photograph and brief biography (100 words max.) outlining your education background and involvement with JA.
Your video submission will be evaluated based on the following:
- Communication (voice level and tone; pace; flow and organization of thoughts)
- Content (addressing the award topic, authentic level of interest demonstrated; personal opinion incorporated)
- Presentation (eye contact; posture and gestures; appropriate attire; authenticity)
- Quality of video (lighting and sound; neutral background; video resolution)
Resources for public speaking and speech writing can be found at www.toastmasters.org.
Notification and Recognition
Winners will receive a certificate and a bursary cheque in
the amount of $2,500 to further their post-secondary education. The awards will be presented at local JA student celebration events. Winners will be notified in mid-to-late April.