Your application should include:
A three to five page write-up that contains the following information:
- What is the most promising use-case for this technology? Choose ONE use case and be specific about the problems experienced by users or machines in it, and the benefits of your solution.
- What is the size of the target market for your use-case? (rough estimate)
- What other solutions or products are currently available to address this use-case/problem?
- What is the status of any Intellectual Property (IP) you currently have or might claim in the future related to your technology for the stated use-case?
- Please go to the Grant Template. Download a copy of it to your computer and fill it out. How will you spend the the grant funds? What are the major milestones, with details on activities. NOTE: Funds cannot be used to pay employee or team member salaries. It is expected that for Alpha, the team has most of the technical skills needed to develop its proposed prototype. 3rd party services (such as 3D printing) or specialty programming support will be considered.
- Who is involved in this project and what are their qualifications in terms of designing and building the prototype?
- If this is a second, subsequent Alpha application, the team must obtain a statement from its R&D Mentor regarding completion of the prior proposal milestones.
- Provide some type of illustration or graphical construct of your prototype.
- Provide the names of any key Mentors or Faculty that have been helping you in your planning.