The Urban Debater of the Year is awarded to a debater who demonstrates
- Commitment and dedication to debate
- Improvement in his or her performance in debate and in school
- Academic excellence
- Leadership in his or her school, urban debate league, and community.
To be eligible for nomination, a debater must be:
- A high school senior graduating between January and June 2017;
- An active competitor in their urban debate league this school year;
- An active competitor in their urban debate league last school year; and
- A student with a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
Previous winners and a full set of guidelines can be found at the NAUDL website
Photo releases for students Over 18
and Under 18
can also be found on our website.
Round 1 information should be submitted by 5 PM CST on February 17, 2017.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance to the semifinal round the week of February 27, 2017. Applicants who are accepted to the semifinals will need to complete supplementary materials, including a video of a public speaking sample.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.