All student applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a Los Angeles County or Orange County high school.
- Be a high school senior graduating in 2017, or a high school junior graduating in 2018.
- Demonstrated outstanding general academic achievement with particular focus on science coursework.
- Participate full-time in all program activities during the eight-week period (June 19, 2017 through August 11, 2017, generally from 8am to 5pm). College tours/orientations and vacations should be scheduled so as to avoid any conflicts. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from participation in the SFP.
The following materials must be submitted by Wednesday, March 22, 2017:
- 2017 Summer Fellowship Program Student Online Application Form.
- Official high school transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from high school teachers, preferably science teachers.
Applications, transcripts, and letters of recommendation can be:
- Submitted online.
- Sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sent via mail to:
Office of Educational Opportunities
Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute
1124 W. Carson St.
Torrance, CA 90502-2064
All material must be received by the due date to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.