Starting a community land trust from scratch can be a daunting process. There is so much to decide on that it can be challenging to figure out how best to move forward.
Grounded Solutions Network is pleased to announce the Start-up CLT Exploration Program targeted at community groups or new community land trust organizations looking to learn more about CLT model and how it can work in their community. If you would like to participate, we would like to accept you into the program.
Starting in February 2017, the program will include access to:
- Interactive ”Office Hour” sessions with Grounded Solutions Network staff and current CLT practitioners to problem solve issues or concerns that you are experiencing as your program moves forward;
- A series of webinars about community land trust development and management;
- Technical assistance (by phone and email) from Grounded Solutions Network staff.
In addition, participants in the program will also be eligible to apply for:
- A two-day in-person training/site-visit from Grounded Solutions staff or a CLT leader on CLT planning related topics;
- A follow-up organizational assessment memo that will summarize the opportunities and challenges associated with launching a CLT in your community.
The Start-Up CLT Exploration Program is part of a larger Emerging CLT Initiative at Grounded Solutions Network which supports community groups, nonprofits and city agencies looking to adopt and implement a community land trust program. Funded through the generous support of the Catholic Campaign for Human Development, the Initiative helps organizations (1) explore the community land trust model, (2) engage the community in a visioning and planning process, (3) create a business plan for implementation and (4) launch operations.