Careers in Science Application
The Careers in Science (CiS) paid internship program prepares and empowers youth from diverse backgrounds to enter the professional fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Through hands-on trainings, field experiences, and peer and professional mentorships, CiS interns develop essential knowledge and skills to become scientific leaders. The program is designed for motivated youth who demonstrate an enthusiasm for science learning and a willingness to meet the required time commitment. Special priority is offered to applicants for whom this program would provide the critical difference in pursuing a future in STEM.
For general information, including frequently asked questions and a position description please visit: CiS FAQs.
- You are a San Francisco resident who attends an SFUSD school (private school on case-by-case basis)
- You are currently in 9th or 10th grade (2016-2017 school year)
- You have a combined GPA of 2.5 or higher
- You are able to meet the program commitments below
- All-intern Trainings: Tuesdays, 4:30pm-7pm
- One four-hour Saturday shift
- One weekday afternoon shift
- New Intern Orientation: Monday, June 12 to Friday, June 16
- Pepperwood Retreat: Wednesday, June 21 to Friday, June 23
- Teen Science Night: Friday, August 11
Application Deadline: April 2, 2017