Understanding the public process is one of the keys to understanding democracy and the role of an engaged citizen. Please adhere to the following guidance when completing your requirement:
- All meetings must be open to the public and centered on an issue of public concern.
- All meetings must include an element of public decision making and/or relevance to public policy.
- Members are instructed to observe, not participate in public meetings. If asked, members may identify themselves as members of MCC and share why they are in attendance.
- Public meetings must be documented electronically by the participant and will include the title of the meeting, its date and time, and a brief description of the meeting’s content. Staff may request a copy of an agenda from the meeting.
- Public meeting attendance does not count toward the Non-MCC volunteer requirement.
- Should a member desire to participate in a public meeting as a private citizen they:
- Are not to wear their MCC uniform
- Must not identify their participation as a function of the MCC
- May not document their attendance towards this program requirement