, a national military 501c3 nonprofit, and Camden Development, Inc
., a company dedicated to designing, managing and maintaining the best multi-family communities in the country, have joined forces in an effort to show gratitude and refresh the spirit of our troops through home improvements for active or retired military members, veterans, or the family of a fallen hero. NOMINATIONS
If you are interested in submitting a nomination for this unique opportunity, please continue reading and complete the application below. You may nominate yourself or another qualified candidate.
TO QUALIFY, CANDIDATES MUST
- Be an active duty or retired military member, veteran, spouse or dependent of a fallen military hero, OR licensed veterans shelter
- Have served Honorably
- Be a resident in the good ol' USA
- Be at least 21 years old at the time of applying
- Own the home and mortgage must be in good standing for the home in which you are nominating (minimum of 6 months ownership)
- Not be in active bankruptcy, short-sale, or foreclosure, owe back child support, or in any legal charges
- **RESIDE WITHIN 30 MILES OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS**:
- DC Metro (Maryland/McLean, VA)
- Charlotte, NC
- Raleigh, NC
- Durham, NC
- Chapel Hill, NC
- Atlanta, GA
- Miami, FL
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Tampa, FL
- Corpus Christi, TX
- Houston, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Austin, TX
- Denver, CO
- Phoenix, AZ
- Orange County, CA
- Mission Viejo, CA
- Applications will be accepted June 1, 2019- August 1, 2019 through the following digital application.
- These projects will be completed in the months of September-October 2019.
- This application can be completed as a self nomination, or as a nomination for someone else.
- Applicants must be aware that the process of the project may be documented - to include, before, during and after project video, pictures, etc. and be willing to agree to media coverage and publication of their home improvement.
- Project examples include: minor carpentry, decking improvements, siding repair, wheelchair ramp installation, light landscaping, fence installation (where materials have already been purchased), painting, and minor drywall repair.
- If selected, the nominee will be required to submit the following documentation:
- Proof of home ownership
- Proof of honorable military service
- Photos of the current home, layout, and status to help the planning team understand the needs of the property, as well as plan the project budget accordingly
- Contact with the nominee will be mandatory for project planning and execution.
- If applicable, appropriate approval from HOA prior to the start of any project start.