There are two types of speaking opportunities at the 2018 Exchange.
Best Practice Sessions - These sessions are 90 minutes long and showcase how colleges and universities are evolving to teach students to be 21st century changemakers – from classes to student programming to research to admissions. Best Practice sessions serve as an opportunity to share expertise and demonstrate how-tos on a particular topic.
The majority of Best Practice presenters are placed in a session with 2-3 additional speakers and a facilitator. Ashoka U will edit presentation titles and session descriptions for consistency and clarity.
Big Idea Talks - In addition to Best Practice sessions and panels, the 2018 Exchange is piloting a series of TED-style talks on the agenda. These talks should be no more than 15 minutes in length and are meant to showcase big-picture, cutting edge ideas. Consider potential topic areas such as fields related to social innovation, future scenarios for higher education, or big ideas around social impact. Think big!
As you consider submitting your presentation application, please note that:
- All selected presenters are responsible for expenses incurred in conjunction with the 2018 Ashoka U Exchange including registration, housing, and travel.
- Proposal submissions cannot be changed after the review and selection process.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent out on October 16, 2017.
- All presenters will be listed in the Exchange program.
- If selected as a presenter, session preparation includes at least 2 calls group and presentation material design and organization.