1. In the course of our work we often need to use information which is sensitive and confidential. This can include details about our farmers, personal information about re-homers and any other information which you would not be exposed to otherwise than during your time with us. This information is confidential and shall together herein and after be referred to as the Confidential Information. In order to protect this information, we wish to ensure you are willing to accept the following confidentiality obligations:-
(a) You will not use the Confidential Information for any purpose other than to assist the British Hen Welfare Trust (BHWT) in the course of its activities and you will not permit or assist a third party to make use of the Confidential Information for any other purpose;
(b) You will treat and safeguard as private and confidential all the Confidential Information, received or held by you at any time. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that you should not be discussing, liaising or providing any Confidential Information to any third party either by way of conversation, correspondence, internet or email access which includes the likes of social media such as Twitter, Facebook and similar such forums;
(c) Except as may be required by law, you will not at any time without our prior written consent disclose or reveal, or solicit the disclosure of, any of the Confidential Information, whether directly or indirectly, to any other person;
(d) You will not make any copies or reproduce any documents or extracts of documents containing any Confidential Information or in any other way duplicate Confidential Information other than to assist the BHWT in the course of its activities and, all such copies or extracts shall be subject to the same confidentiality obligations as the Confidential Information;
(e) You will keep the Confidential Information secure and separate from all other information you may hold;
(f) When you cease to be involved with the BHWT you will return all Confidential Information, including any copies or extracts of documents containing Confidential Information to the BHWT and delete all electronic copies of Confidential Information held by you.
2. The confidentiality obligations in paragraph 1 shall apply to all Confidential Information, whether it has already been made available to you prior to the date of this letter or of which you become subsequently aware and shall remain in force both during your time with the BHWT and after your involvement with the BHWT has ceased.
3. The BHWT reserves the right to periodically audit BHWT emails (If you have a BHWT email address) to ensure that standards, compliance with the BHWT policy and the confidentiality obligations contained in this letter are being complied with and by signing this letter you agree to these audits being carried out.
4. The obligations set out in this document shall not apply or shall cease to apply to Confidential Information which you can show to the reasonable satisfaction of the BHWT:
a. That it is, or becomes, generally available to the public, other than as a direct or indirect result of the information being disclosed by you in breach of this letter agreement; or
b. Was already lawfully known to you before it was either disclosed or exposed to you by the BHWT: or
c. Has been received by you from a third party source that is not connected with the BHWT and that such source was not under any obligation of confidence in respect of that information
5. If you accept these obligations please tick the Box below (required)