· Any teacher or school administrator can nominate a pre-K-12 teacher in the New York City metropolitan area.
· Most successful nominees have at least three years of experience.
· If you are a Fellow of The Academy for Teachers (i.e., have attended a Master Class previously), you can nominate yourself.
Tips for writing a successful nomination:
· Nominations are scored on three criteria: passion for the subject, creativity in the classroom, and devotion to students.
· The more detail you give, the better. Provide examples that demonstrate ways in which the teacher is great. What does the nominee do that makes him or her exceptional?
·Teachers in each Master Class share a passion for the class's topic. Convince us that this is the perfect class for your nominee.