With Love Restaurateur
in Residence (RiR) Inquiry
Every 6 months With Love will incubate
a new Restaurateur in Residence (RiR) offering up their National or Regional Cuisine.
This is your chance to get a 360-view of the restaurant business while crafting
and promoting your own brand.
Here’s a few things to know before you
- The Entrepreneur will automatically enroll in
our Food Service Management (FSM) course. Tuition and materials are
covered at no cost to the student.
- Residencies run January-June and July-December.
- Expect to commit 25 hours per week, both day
and night shifts.
- Expect both classroom time (20%) and hands-on
learning (80%), the latter of which will begin with waiting tables and quickly
advance to managing our small dining room.
- The Entrepreneur will work with our Workforce
Educators to develop a menu. Bring recipes and ideas; at times we’ll
need to modify dishes to meet the educational needs of our Line Cook Students.
- The Entrepreneur will be paid a monthly
stipend. This is intended to ‘buy back’ a good portion of your time
each week so you can focus on building a business plan.
- Finally, the Entrepreneur should come here to
share, to teach, but also to learn. This works best when viewed as a
collaboration, sharing culture, best practices and common industry protocols.
Selection Process, Entrepreneur in Residence:
- An information session will be held in late April at 435 N Salina St. Representatives from With Love, SBDC & CenterState CEO will describe the program & wraparound business development supports. Fill out the form below and we'll let you know as to session date and time. Attendance is highly recommended.
- Interested candidates will be contacted for an interview the week of April 30. Candidates should come prepared with a:
- Clear, brief description of their proposed food business
- Printed recipes (can be your own or taken from the internet and cookbooks)
- Basic business plan (1 page is sufficient, but it should speak to concept, financial needs & proposed timeline for opening)
- Candidates will be interviewed & evaluated on 7 criteria: Cuisine, Communication, Leadership, Availability, Time Management, Financial Awareness & Commitment.
- Committee will decide on EIR by June 1. All candidates will be notified by email.
- Entrepreneur in Residence's tenure will run from July 1 - December 22, 2018.
Want to learn more? Fill out the form below and we'll get right back to you!