Thank you for your interest in the University of Michigan Club of Grand Rapids Scholarship. There are two ways to apply for the scholarship – online or with the paper application. Following are the instructions for application and application checklist.
Online applications are highly encouraged.
- Please complete the online application.
- Upload financial information, transcripts, test scores, extracurricular activity summary, essay, and 2 signed letters of recommendation as PDF files at completion of application. If you are unable to upload documents, they may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please request a paper application from your guidance counselor or email email@example.com to download, print, and complete the application form and submit along with all associated materials (financial information, transcripts, test scores, extracurricular activity summary, essay, and letters of recommendation).
Have all hard-copy materials mailed directly to the Scholarship Committee Chair. Application must be electronically submitted or post-marked by FRIDAY FEBRUARY 15, 2019.
University of Michigan Club of Grand Rapids
c/o Eric Biesbrock
PO Box 230105
Grand Rapids, MI 49523-0105
Be sure that your application includes the following:
- Completed application.
- Personal financial information, including either a copy of the FAFSA form that you and your parents completed as part of your college application process – OR – your parents’ federal tax returns for the most recently completed year (2016 financials are acceptable). If current financial circumstances have changed significantly from the prior tax year, please submit a supplemental explanatory statement.
a. We must receive a copy of this financial information. Applications that do not include the requested information will be rejected.
b. Please redact or black out information regarding your family’s social security numbers. Although all applications are shredded once the confidential review process is completed, we fully understand concerns relating to providing social security numbers to strangers.
c. If your parents are divorced and you will be receiving financial support from both parents, please provide financial information from both sets of parents (under separate cover if necessary).
- A copy of your high school and, if applicable, college transcripts.
- A copy of your ACT and/or SAT results.
- Summary of your extracurricular activities.
- Two letters of recommendation.
If you have any questions, please contact Eric Biesbrock at firstname.lastname@example.org