The Urban Debater of the Year is awarded to a debater who demonstrates
- Commitment and dedication to debate
- Improvement in their performance in debate and in school
- Academic excellence
- Leadership in their school, urban debate league, and community.
Previous winners and a full set of guidelines can be found at the NAUDL website
To be eligible for nomination, a debater must be:
- A high school senior graduating between January and June 2018;
- An active competitor in their urban debate league this school year;
- An active competitor in their urban debate league last school year; and
- A student with a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
Photo releases for students Over 18
and Under 18
can also be found on our website.
Round 1 information should be submitted by 5pm Central Time on February 9, 2018.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance to the semifinal round by February 16, 2018. Applicants who are accepted to the finals will need to complete supplementary materials, including a video of a public speaking sample.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.