Tell us about who you
are and your hopes/dreams for the future. Do not repeat your responses from
your short answer questions, this is an opportunity to tell us another story
about yourself. Re-applicants should
submit a new essay. We are interested in your academic, personal, and cultural
growth since you last applied.
Consider including the following:
• Who you are and your hopes and dreams for the future;
• What gives you passion or makes you happy?
• Hardships you have overcome – what did you learn about
• Accomplishments you’re most proud of;
• Experiences or people who have made a big impression on
• An event that marked your transition from childhood to
adulthood within your culture, community, or family;
• What you most like to do for fun;
• Whatever you feel will help us get to know you better.
Be sure to let us
know how you are connected to or involved with Native/Indigenous heritage,
culture, and community, homelands/villages, or Nations and how a college education
might benefit you, your family, your community, and future generations.
(600 word limit)