NAMT commits to:
- Evolve and advance the musical theatre art form
- Create and connect a welcoming musical theatre community for all
- Inspire and excite the field to include the broadest possible range of voices
NAMT is committed to a musical theatre field that includes and embraces people of all backgrounds, identities and abilities. We strive every day to nurture a musical theatre canon that reflects and celebrates the rich diversity of our nation and the world.
As a service organization, we are committed to racial equity and anti-racism, not only to change our organization, but also to evaluate and advance the broader changes needed in the musical theatre community. We commit not only to a culture of listening and self-challenge, but also to the development and implementation of concrete anti-racist actions to help move us all forward. We as an organization cannot fulfill our mission and truly commit to our core values unless all voices are protected and elevated equally. Read our full Statement of Racial Equity here.
Event Participation Guidelines
NAMT is committed to recognizing and celebrating the diversity of experiences, talents, skills, cultures and opinions that our members bring to our community, and specifically to our events. We invite you to participate in Conferences, Festivals, Roundtables and other events, both in person and online, in a spirit of open-mindedness, curiosity and respect.
We want every NAMT event to be a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all participants. In that spirit, we ask you to...
- Be inclusive, actively seeking and inviting diverse perspectives
- Listen to understand
- Participate in an active and direct way, with professionalism and respect for others
- Be considerate, kind, constructive and helpful in your language and actions
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and language
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other attendees
NAMT staff and Board may take action (up to and including expulsion with no refund and exclusion from future events) to redress disruptive, disrespectful or offensive behavior or any other actions deemed in conflict with the above guidelines.
Thank you to every NAMT community member for helping to make all of our events
informative, inclusive and respectful.