Teach for Romania is
a non-governmental organization, that envisions life opportunities
through excellent education for every child in Romania, irrespective of his or
her social and economic background.
Our mission is to recruit, train and support highly
motivated and competent people who take ownership for transforming the society,
through a leadership development program in education.
The staff of Teach for Romania is comprised of
high potential professionals, who work relentlessly to transform the society by
being an active part of a movement in education.
For more information, visit: www.teachforromania.org
CONTEXT AND SUMMARY
Creating an organization which consistently evaluates
and learns from its successes and challenges is fundamental to growth and
scale. Reflecting on the 2 year program results and the impact of the alumni
throughout the system can guide decision-making and improvement of the organizational
strategy. Impact evaluation can help us understand whether we’re meeting our
goals, enable improved decision-making, and ensure we’re on track to achieving
our vision and fulfilling our mission in the long term.
The Data & Impact Measurement Specialist will work
closely with the Chief Program Officer and the program team to make sure our
work is impact driven and to enable constant learning through evaluation of
immediate outcomes in order to maximize our long-term impact starting from
classroom and students’ level to systemic change.
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Based in: Bucharest, Romania
- Holds responsibility for all final data and statistics
about the organization;
- Creates the measurement & evaluation framework of
the long-term strategy implementation (Logic Model) and reports the findings to
the main stakeholders;
- Measures organizational outcomes and KPIs;
- Works with the other departments to correlate their
KPIs to the organizational KPIs and outcomes;
- Processes data and aggregates it into reports that
highlight trends, correlations results and progress, but also provides strong
recommendations for strategies; these reports enable internal strategic
decisions and also provide a basis for our external communication;
- Supports the implementation of systems to measure
alumni impact, student development, teacher development and use the data and analysis to provide
feedback on the design of the 2 year teacher program, so that its objectives
and desired outcomes are closely aligned with Teach For Romania’s long term
- Keeps up-to-date with innovation and research in the
- Works closely with other departments to write and test
hypotheses related to the efficiency of various program activities;
- Finds opportunities and partners with other
individuals or institutions for research on topics of common interest;
- Acts as support for departments in developing
- Acts as a liaison with Teach For All on the
implementation of the student survey, the alumni survey, and the completion of
the Global Data System;
- Supports grant reporting for foundations and creates
annual impact reports for funders or external stakeholders.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Flexible and open to feedback;
- Resourceful and innovative;
- Comfortable with meeting deadlines in a fast-paced
- Comfortable with and highly satisfied by creating and
managing back-end systems and operations.
- Systems building skills;
- Collaboration skills;
- Project management skills;
- Quantitative analysis skills;
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, as well
as immense attention to detail ;
- Excellent research skills – ability to locate, process
and analyze publically available information and data (ability to draw out
strategy and goals from research);
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Critical thinking and the ability to conclude
essential information from amounts of data;
- Strategic thinking;
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- English: Advanced.
would be a plus:
- Experience in working with Salesforce;
- Experience in the educational field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Data
analysis AND Project and Process Management.
- A chance to do high-significance work in education
(more access to excellent education for all children);
- The opportunity to build up your skills and develop
yourself personally and professionally;
- Access to training and learning opportunities inside
the organization and from our learning partners;
- An excellent working environment in a value-based
- Access to a global community of experienced and talented
specialists and first-hand innovative approaches and models from the Teach for
This is a full
time position, based in Bucharest.
The selection process will consist in:
- Screening, based on resume and application form;
- Online Test
- Phone interview with the HR department;
- Final interview with the CPO and HR.
We will review the applications on an as we go basis.