Business Expansion and Retention (BEAR)-Economic Development Projects Grant Application
Welcome to the FY 2019 Business Expansion and Retention (BEAR)-Economic Development Projects Grant Application. This is a competitive, post-performance grant administered through the Office of Rural Development of the Governor’s Office of Economic Development (GOED).
The following entities are eligible to apply for the Business Expansion and Retention (BEAR)-Economic Development Projects Grant, as administered by GOED:
- Public, nonprofit, private organizations primarily engaged in economic development efforts in rural areas of the state, and shall include:
- All 4th, 5th, and 6th class counties, and the cities/townships within those counties
- Cities in 3rd class counties with populations less than 20,000 and median household incomes of less than $70,000
- and, may include the following organizations located in the rural areas listed above:
- Federally recognized Indian Tribes within the State of Utah
- Associations of Governments (AOG)
- Business Resource Centers (BRC)
- Small Business Development Centers (SBDC)
For full application information and instructions of this application please open this link
. After reading the application instructions please mark the box below to proceed to the application.
Please refer to these instructions
while preparing the application. The instructions will explain the grant program, the requirements to complete the application, and the possible points that may be earned as the application is scored by reviewers. The applicant may receive up to the total point score allowed per section. Multiple reviewers will see each application and a blended score will be used to generate the final score leading to a grant allocation.
Applicants are highly encouraged to pre-write answers to the questions, and then copy and paste them into the respective fields. Each field has a limit to the number of characters that may be used.
Applicants will also be required to upload supporting documentation. Applicant will not be allowed to proceed through the application until all required fields have been filled in or uploaded appropriately.
Please do not delay applying as no applications will be accepted after 5 pm on June 11, 2018.