Up to two students from each participating City Council District will join our 2018-19 class of PB Youth Fellows. We aim to recruit a cohort that reflects the demographic diversity of New York City and our participating districts with consideration for underrepresented communities including people of color, immigrants, public housing residents, and LGBTQ and differently-abled individuals.
- Attends high school and/or lives in a participating City Council district
- Entering 10th or 11th grade (9th and 12th graders will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Interest and curiosity in public service, government, and/or civic engagement
- Desire to strengthen leadership skills and be a community changemaker
- Openness to take risks and step outside of one's comfort zone
- Ability to commit to a rigorous program schedule from July 2018 through May 2019:
- Summer Three-week Leadership Institute (July 30th through August 17th), plus 20 hours of PB service between August 20th and 31st
- School Year
- 10-15 hours of PB service per month
- Six (6) full-day training sessions on Saturdays or non-instructional days
- Six (6) after-school strategy meetings
Youth Fellows will earn a stipend of up to $1,000 for successful completion of the requirements listed above.