To apply for this program, please agree to our terms and conditions:
1. In the case that I am selected, I understand that I will be required to attend pre-trip briefings, coordinated by Sasakawa USA. These will be conducted in person for journalists located in Washington, DC and via Skype for other locations.
2. In the case that I am selected, I understand that the meetings in Japan will be held off-the-record or under Chatham House rules, unless otherwise specified. I will not breach that arrangement.
3. In the case that I am selected, I understand that I am expected to attend all meetings in Japan. I will be able to schedule meetings of my own, as long as they do not interfere with the planned group itinerary.
4. In the case that I am selected, upon return from the trip, I will complete a post-trip survey and submit a brief article or blog post with my impressions of Japan and U.S.-Japan relations from the trip. This will be published on Sasakawa USA and ICFJ's websites, and subject to their editorial guidelines.
5. I understand that my application is not a guarantee of acceptance.
Please note this opportunity is only available to U.S. citizens.