Thank you for taking the time to recommend a New Memphis Institute Fellows Program applicant. Your candid opinion of this applicant's character and leadership qualities is valuable to our selection process.
Over the course of a year, the Fellows Program develops and prepares its participants to be stronger, more confident, and more inclusive leaders. The Program also gives participants an opportunity to work in teams to create and implement a Community Action Project to support some of our city's most outstanding nonprofit organizations. further information about the program can be found HERE
To be successful in the program, candidates must possess the following at a minimum:
- Ability to cope with diverse political, economic and social environments
- Significant personal initiative
- Ability to work effectively in a group setting
We ask that you answer the following questions and statements in the field provided below and include your daytime telephone number.
Based on your personal experience with the candidate, please direct your comments to these specific questions:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- The Fellows program seeks candidates with intellectual honesty and a driving passion to be involved in positive community change. To what extent have you observed these qualities in this candidate? Please cite specific examples.
- Commitment and perseverance are essential. Please evaluate the candidate's capacity to sustain a substantial work effort over a prolonged period of time.
- Do you believe this individual has the potential to become a community change agent? If so, why?
- We appreciate any other comments or observations you can offer about this candidate.