I, the undersigned, understand and agree that the International Center for Journalists (ICFJ), as program administrator, is under no obligation to select me or any other applicant for the ICFJ Knight Fellowships program. If selected to be an ICFJ Knight Fellow, I will agree to the premises and conditions set forth in the following statement:
1. The primary purpose of the fellowship is to assist the international news media in ways that are relevant and useful; I am not seeking this fellowship for purposes of tourism, foreign-news coverage, job seeking, or personal and professional reasons that are irrelevant or contrary to the fellowship’s mission. Because the publication of news articles or feature stories written by fellows during the course of their assignments for publication may jeopardize the program or affect the fellows’ visa status, special permission for any reporting or article writing during the fellowship is required from the program administrator.
2. As a precondition for participation, I agree to:
- accept the general assignment designated by PROTO and the administrator;
- take part in orientation on dates designated by the administrator;
- work with the local media outlets and other organizations to fashion a compatible and impactful program in India;
- adhere to all ICFJ and ICFJ Knight Fellowships policies and procedures;
- submit all program outcome and metrics reports required by the fellowships program (the program administrator and sponsor retain the rights to the reports).
3. I understand that in order to maximize the use of fellowship resources, all travel will be on an economy-class basis.
4. I will be responsible for my own passport arrangements and may be asked to assist with other logistical arrangements related as determined by PROTO.
5. If I decline the specific assignment, time period or destination selected for me, I may do so without prejudice to future consideration if I have made and explained this decision for reasons that PROTO and the program administrator regard as sound.
6. There is no obligation or expectation of future participation in the ICFJ Knight Fellowships program once the assignment is completed. However, I understand that I may reapply for subsequent assignments.
7. I understand and agree that, if any harm comes to me or my family during the program, neither PROTO, ICFJ nor the ICFJ Knight Fellowships program can be held responsible or liable.
8. If I am selected and accept an ICFJ Knight Fellowship, I will permit my likeness to be used in ICFJ, ICFJ Knight and PROTO promotional material. This can be in print or electronic form.
9. I confirm that all statements in this application are true.