Volunteer Waiver and Release of Liability
Thank you for volunteering your time and talents toward
achieving our shared mission. The ABTA is firmly committed to doing our
very best to ensure your volunteer experience is productive and rewarding
rooted in respect, deep appreciation and open communication from both parties.
I agree to serve as a volunteer for ABTA and recognize that I will become a public representative for the Association. As such, I commit to upholding the following rules and responsibilities related to this role:
1. Perform my volunteer duties to the best of my ability.
2. Uphold to time and duty commitments and/or provide adequate notice so that alternate arrangements can be made.
3. Adhere to ABTA policies and procedures, including recordkeeping requirements and confidentiality of ABTA and client information.
4. Refrain from entering into verbal or written contractual obligations on ABTA’s behalf related to sponsorships, incentives, goods or services.
5. Engage in thoughtful, open communication with ABTA staff and fellow volunteers.
6. Act as a positive and productive representative of the ABTA responsible for advancing the ABTA’s mission.
II. Handbook Acknowledgment
In addition to the foregoing, I acknowledge that I have received a copy of the ABTA’s Volunteer Handbook and that it is my responsibility to read and become familiar with the policies and procedures contained therein. Any questions that I may have concerning the contents of the Volunteer Handbook should be directed to the Volunteer Manager.
I understand that I am not an employee of the ABTA and that nothing in this Agreement, the Volunteer Handbook or my service as a volunteer is intended to create an employer/employee relationship between me and the ABTA.
Release of Liability
In consideration for
volunteering with ABTA, I agree to assume the risk of any accident or injury to
person or property which I may sustain in connection with my participation as a
volunteer with the ABTA. I hereby release and discharge ABTA and all its
officers, employees, contractors, agents and assigns from any and all claims,
demands, rights, and causes of action, present or future, whether known,
anticipated or unanticipated, and resulting from, or arising out of, or
incident to, my participation as a volunteer.