Welcome to the 2018-19 LEDA Scholars Application!
LEDA is searching the
nation for the next Cohort of 100 exceptional students to become LEDA Scholars.
We’re excited that you have chosen to apply and are here to support you
through the application process.
The Application Process
The application process consists of three rounds. The deadline for this round is December 10th at 11:59 PM PST. After each round, an applicant’s submitted
material will be evaluated by LEDA staff and a decision will be made as to
whether or not the applicant will advance to the next round. Applicants must
successfully complete each portion (Part I, Part II, and an interview) to be
admitted to the LEDA Scholars Program. LEDA’s review process is holistic, which means that all parts of an
application will be considered before making a decision.
1. Currently enrolled as a junior (11th grade student) in a public high school
2. U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
3. Unweighted GPA of at least 3.6 and be ranked in the top 10% of their class
4. Financial need; 90% of LEDA Scholars report a family income of $66,000 a year or less
LEDA Application Sections
High School Information
Academic Information Request
Teacher Recommendation Request
Scholarships & Awards
Writing Sample Upload
SAVING YOUR APPLICATION
1. Select the save and return later link (located at the top right and bottom right of the page)
2. Enter your email address and create a password
MAKE SURE YOU ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS CORRECTLY
If you do not enter your email address correctly you will not be able to log back into your account.
If you do not receive the email do not create another application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you gain access to your account.
3. You will receive an email with a link to resume your application
4. Follow the link provided in your email and enter the email and password you provided when saving your application.
September 6th-December 10th: 2017-18 LEDA Application is open
December 10th: Final deadline at 11:59 PM PST
December-April: Applications are reviewed by the recruitment and admissions team
Early March: All Part I applicants are notified
End of March: All Part II applicants are notified and finalists are invited to participate in a Skype/Google Hangout or phone interview.
Mid April: All remaining applicants are notified and 100 LEDA Scholars are admitted to the program.
For questions about the LEDA Scholars program, application, or application process please contact email@example.com.