Calling All Experts!
The 2019 Urban Soccer Symposium will take place March 15-17, 2019, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel Washington. We are seeking engaging, high quality workshop facilitators that will inspire attendees and generate innovative ideas. Most importantly, we want attendees to walk away with applicable tools that will directly help them enrich the lives of the youth they serve. Each workshop will host between 15 - 50 participants.
Our attendees consist of executive directors, program administrative staff, and coaches working in underserved communities, with a wide range of experience and expertise. Qualified presenters will facilitate a workshop that is 60-75 minutes in length on one of the three days of the event. That time should include 15 minutes for Q&A. Reflect on your work, and consider presenting at the 2019 Urban Soccer Symposium - we want to hear from you!
Please submit your proposal by 11:59 pm EST on November 27, 2018. Upon submission, you will receive a confirmation email indicating that your proposal has been received; if you do not receive said email confirmation, please contact Jessie Nance at email@example.com. You should anticipate notification of acceptance or rejection of your proposal by December 20, 2018. This application is open to all, not strictly urban soccer programmers, and please note that there is a limit of three proposal submissions per organization.
As a presenter, you will benefit from the U.S. Soccer Foundation's active promotion of the event through a variety of communication vehicles:
- U.S. Soccer Foundation website
- E-mail announcements
- U.S. Soccer Foundation social media channels
- Communication to registered participants
When building out a successful workshop proposal, the Foundation asks that all presenters:
- Engage attendees through audience participation and discussion
- Ensure participants walk away with an actionable to-do list or tools - may provide worksheets and handouts (which will be printed by the Foundation)
- Coordinate with staff regarding any special equipment needs
- Provide a workshop title, summary, and top three takeaways for marketing purposes
- Promote your participation in the event on your social media sites
For more information on past Urban Soccer Symposium workshops, click this link