Workshops that are offered for elective credit to students in One Spirit’s professional training programs have a standard pricing schedule that is somewhat lower than similar courses offered elsewhere.
The students who will be taking your course will generally fall into one of three groups. Each of these groups pay for the course differently, and the amount you will be paid is calculated differently for each of these three groups:
- Members of the general public
- They pay the public price, as listed on our website
- You are compensated at $47.50 per credit ($95 for a two-credit course)
- Graduates of One Spirit's Certificate Programs
- They pay a slightly reduced price
- You are compensated at $42.50 per credit ($85 for a two-credit course)
- Pre-purchased Credit Students
- Current students, graduates and members of the public may purchase credits in bulk at deeply discounted rates
- You are compensated at $25 per credit ($50 for a two-credit course)
To encourage you to help us recruit students for your workshop, we increase the compensation for enrollment of 60 or more students as follows:
- 60-79 students: presenter receives a 5% bonus on top of base payment
- 80-99 students: presenter receives a 13% bonus on top of base payment
- 100 students or more: presenter receives a 25% on top of base payment
Your payment will be accompanied by a registration report listing the registration method and the price paid (or whether pre-purchased credits were used) for each student.
A teacher offers a 2 credit class to 70 students. 10 students pay the full public price. 15 students pay the graduate price. 45 students use pre-purchased credits to take the course. Here is the pay breakdown:
|10 Public x $95||=||$950.00|
|15 Graduate x $85||=||$1275.00|
|45 Pre-purchased Credits x $50||=||$2250.00|
|5% Bonus for 70 students||=||$223.75|
Volunteers working your event, as well as staff and faculty will sometimes attend your class as our guests. These students are not included in the headcount used to figure payment.
Minimum Registration & Cancellation
A minimum of 25 students is required for each elective to happen. Of those 25, at least 10 must be videoconference in order for the videoconference option to be viable. We must reach this number no later than one month before the class’ start date. However, we will be in contact with you well in advance, if we are concerned about the viability of the class.
Payment in full will be made to you approximately 30 days after the end of the month in which your workshop occurs, or in the case of multi-week courses, 30 days after the end of the month in which the last session of your workshop occurs.
Please submit your proposal by December 1st for consideration for the academic year beginning in the following September. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your proposal. However, we are unable to respond to ongoing inquiries regarding the status of your proposal in our review process.
If we are interested in exploring your proposal further, we may ask you to submit copies of any books, CD’s, content pieces, or videos we may need to make a final decision.
If we are not able to accept your proposal as part of our electives calendar, we will inform you and, if appropriate, may suggest a community event or space rental at One Spirit as an alternative.