Avodah requires applicants to submit three references. Your references should submit their reference forms as soon as possible. We will not review your application until we receive all references and completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
The following are acceptable individuals to use as a reference for at least 2 (and up to all 3) of your references:
- Someone who supervised you when you held either a paid or volunteer position, such as any type of full-time or part-time job, a summer internship or internship during the school year, teaching assistant position, etc.
- Someone who served in a leadership role such as short-term service trip leader or a professional who served as a student group advisor.
Additionally, one of your three references MAY fit the following criteria, either:
- A professor or academic advisor, OR
- A peer from work, volunteer roles or a big project.
The above can only only serve as one of your references. The following cannot serve as any of your references:
- Family members or close family friends
- Peers who have not worked with you on a major project, employment or volunteer work.
The link for submitting references is unique to you. You will receive this link in your email upon saving or submitting the application. We will not receive the reference if you do not use the correct link. The format is https://www.tfaforms.com/4703654?tfa_5=your applicant ID. For example, if your applicant ID is 012345678910 your link would be https://www.tfaforms.com/4703654?tfa_5=012345678910. If you do not follow this format, we will not get the reference. Remember, your applicant ID is your date of birth plus the last four digits of your phone number, and was created on the first page of this form. (Format: mmddyyyypppp).
When all three reccomenders submit their references, we will send you an email. If you haven't received an email from us, your references are not complete. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about who has or hasn't submitted.