National service is an important way for
individuals of all genders, ethnicities, economic backgrounds, sexual
orientations, faith backgrounds, and physical and mental abilities to give back
in a meaningful way to their communities. Texas and Texans are better because
of the choice that thousands of people make every day to give back through
National service is important. National service matters.
National service includes.
AmeriCorps*Texas Symposium will be a time for
program staff to re-energize, re-focus, and re-connect on why National Service
The overall goals of AmeriCorps*Texas Symposium
are to ensure that participants:
- Clearly understand CNCS requirements from a programmatic, fiscal, member management, and grant administration perspective.
- Have an opportunity to connect with OneStar staff to address questions and share challenges & successes.
- Have an opportunity to meet, connect, and collaborate with their peers in national service.
- Increase understanding that when a program is set up and managed well, they are able to focus more intentionally on ensuring a meaningful and positive service experience for their members. A positive member experience will help lead to higher enrollment and retention, allowing the program to increase their impact in communities served.
- Are energized by the impact of national service throughout Texas and return to their programs with increased motivation and inspiration.
For event details, including agenda, hotel and venue information, please click here
Registration closes Friday, February 15, 2019.