Become A Mentor Quiz
Now it’s over to you. The next stage of the application process involves completing the short quiz below. If successful, you will be asked to fill out an application form and we will then book you onto training.
I understand that the application process involves:
Completing this short quiz
Submitting the application form
Booking onto a full set of training
Completing an online DBS form
Coming to an interview with us
After completing the above steps you will receive an email informing you of the outcome of your application. If you are successful you will be matched with a child and can begin mentoring.
1. I confirm I have read the Volunteer Mentor Job Description and understand the role
2. I confirm I am aged 18 or over
3. Chance UK mentors children between what ages?
4-9 years old
5-12 years old
13-16 years old
4. There are many reasons children may be referred to the Chance UK mentoring programme including...
Poor academic attainment at school
Experiencing high levels of trauma at home
Challenges with behaviour and emotions at home and school
5. As a mentor I will meet with a child for how long?
6. I will hold mentoring sessions around London lasting 2-4 hours every…
7. Will there be any group sessions as part of the mentoring programme?
No, there won't be any group sessions
Depending on which programme I am on group sessions will be adhoc/ mandatory
All sessions will be delivered in a group
8. What type of activities might do with your child?
Playing computer games and going to the park
Maths or reading practice and completing online tests
Fun activities and also talking about any challenges at school and home
Only applicable to Camden and Southwark boroughs) 9. In addition to fun and challenging activities, this programme will also develop...
Social and emotional skills
Maths and reading skills
10. Aside from the planning and completing weekly sessions what else will you be required to do?
Complete session reports, attend a monthly supervision and group sessions
Call child's parent to update on progress
11. Can you stay in touch with the child once the mentoring ends?
No, after the graduation I will no longer be in contact with the child I mentored
Yes I can stay in contact with the child
Yes, if I get permission from Chance UK
12. As a mentor, I will need to demonstrate a variety of skills and qualities including... (Tick those which you think apply)
Commitment to participating in and delivering a structured programme
Child focused approach to work
Ability to build and develop positive relationships
A strong level of emotional maturity
How did you first learn about Chance UK?
Please select one option that best matches how you heard about u
Used a search engine for general volunteering opportunities
Via Chance UK's Facebook Page
Via Chance UK's Twitter page
Via Chance UK's Instagram page
On a shared Facebook post
On a shared Twitter post
On a shared Instagram post
Searched on a volunteering website, eg. Do-it or Team London
Read about it in a magazine or newspaper
Word of mouth
Via Chance UK's LinkedIn profile
On a shared LinkedIn post
Please specify any other information you feel will be useful on where you heard about us from
ook yourself on the next training date here by using the password:
Need assistance with this form?