We're delighted to have you join our traditional Soto Zen Year-End festivities!
We look forward to rededicating ourselves to extending wisdom & compassion
for all beings at the very start of 2019!
Doors open at 7:45pm
* Temple cleaning
* Chanting for compassion and awakening
* Toshi-koshi noodles (symbolizing “year bridging”)
* Sitting & walking meditation
* Ringing in the New Year with 108 bells
* Bonfire purification ceremony and celebratory toast
* Sweet red bean dessert with mochi
“Moment after moment we should renew our life, we should not stick to old ideas of what life is, or what our way of life is. Especially at the end of the year we should completely renew our feelings and completely clean even our cars. If we always stick to old ideas and always repeat the same thing over and over again, then we are confined in our old way of life. Some excitement or some occasion is necessary to encourage us along.” – Suzuki Roshi
Austin Zen Center Board of Directors |
Mission Statement |
3014 Washington Square, Austin, TX 78705 512-452-5777
© 2018 | Austin Zen Center. All rights reserved.