· Any teacher or school administrator can nominate a pre-K-12 teacher in the New York City metropolitan area.
· Most successful nominees have at least three years of experience.
· If you are a Fellow of The Academy for Teachers (i.e., have attended a master class previously), you can nominate yourself.
Tips for writing a successful nomination:
· Nominations are scored on three criteria: passion for the subject, creativity in the classroom, and devotion to students.
· The more detail you give, the better. Provide specific examples that show why this teacher is exceptional.
·Teachers in each master class share a passion for the class's topic. Convince us that this is the perfect class for your nominee.