We are looking for courageous young New Yorkers who want to lift up youth voices and lead change in their communities. To recruit a group that represents New York City's diversity, we welcome youth of color, immigrants, LGBTQ, differently-abled, and those from low-income communities to apply.
In order to apply, you should:
- Attend high school and/or live in a participating City Council district
- Be entering 11th or 12th grade in the 2019-20 school year (10th graders will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Have an interest or curiosity in public service, government, and/or civic engagement
- Want to strengthen your leadership skills and be a community change-maker
- Be open to take risks and step outside your comfort zone
- Be able to commit to a rigorous program schedule from July 2019 through May 2020:
- Summer Three-week Leadership Institute (July - August 2019)
- School Year
- 10-15 hours of PB service per month (after school and evenings)
- Monthly full-day training sessions on Saturdays or non-instructional days
- Other projects and activities as assigned
Youth Fellows will earn a stipend of up to $1,000 for successful completion of the requirements listed above.